Planning a bridal shower is such a fun and exciting experience. You get to celebrate your friend’s upcoming nuptials and help her pick out gifts for her soon-to-be husband. There are so many different elements involved with throwing these parties that sometimes it can be overwhelming! That’s why we’ve rounded up some tips on what to wear to a bridal shower. Here, we’ll share everything you need to know about getting dressed for this special occasion: from appropriate outfits for the more formal events, all the way down to what shoes go best with each look.
Choose an outfit that makes you feel like the best version of yourself.
When choosing an outfit for a bridal shower, it’s important to remember that the purpose of the shower is to celebrate you and your upcoming nuptials.
This means that you should choose something that makes you feel like the best version of yourself. There are several things to consider when picking out an outfit:
- Avoid wearing anything too tight or too loose in order to avoid discomfort during your time at the party
- Choose something comfortable so that all of your attention is on celebrating with friends and family rather than worrying about what others think of how you look
- Avoid anything too revealing (such as backless tops, or short skirts) unless it’s specifically requested by either bride-to-be or hostess
- Do not wear anything formal unless specified by either bride-to-be or hostess (e.g., tuxedo fabric pants)
If a dress code isn’t specified, consider the formality of the event.
While it’s true that the bride’s family is throwing this party for you, and that you’re there to celebrate her upcoming marriage, you might still feel like dressing up just a little bit. But don’t worry if a dress code isn’t specified in your invitation; chances are high that you’ll have some leeway when it comes to your outfit. If the event is more formal than casual, wear something that looks polished but feels comfortable.
If the bridal shower is being held at someone’s home—and if it’s not too cold outside—you might consider wearing something more casual like jeans or shorts with a cute top or blouse. And remember: You want to look good while also feeling relaxed enough to mingle with guests and enjoy yourself!
Wear something comfortable and fun
Wear something comfortable, yet fun. This is an event where you want to look effortlessly chic, not like you’re trying too hard. At the same time, it should be something that makes you feel good and confident—the best version of yourself! If your dress has a great story behind it or if it was passed down from another family member who was married before (like my grandma’s wedding dress), then by all means wear that gown! Whatever makes you feel like having fun is what will make for a great bridal shower attire choice.
A bridal shower is a time to treat yourself to something new!
- If you want, you can buy a special outfit for the party. This could be a dress that makes you feel beautiful, or it could be something else entirely—like wearing a blouse and skirt instead of jeans and sneakers.
- You might also want to buy an outfit for the wedding. The bridal shower is an opportunity to try something new, whether it’s your first time wearing heels or fitting into those size 10 pants again!
This is a fun event so don’t take it too seriously.
This is a fun event, so don’t take it too seriously. You’re celebrating a new marriage, and you should be proud of that! If you want to wear something that makes you feel good, then by all means go for it—just remember to have fun with it and not worry about what other people will think.
If you’re attending a bridal shower, it’s going to be a fun time! If you’re not sure what to wear, just keep in mind that (1) this is an informal event so there is no dress code unless someone specifies one, and (2) you should feel comfortable and happy with your outfit. Remember that this is not the occasion for anything too fancy or formal; instead, focus on choosing something comfortable and fun!